The Division of Business, Mathematics, and Science at Columbia College has helped students remain at the forefront of their fields for more than 163 years as tradition, talent, and innovative thinking has kept Global Business at Columbia a thriving and vital degree for the modern world.
While Columbia College provides a strong foundation in liberal arts, students are given access to state of the art technology in the Barbara Bush Science Center. The exceptional and uniquely talented faculty make it their business to see that students are fully prepared for any career path they may choose.
With a degree in Global Business, students will be prepared to forge careers that are not limited by national boundaries. Focusing on experiential learning and cultural awareness, specialized courses in Global Business prepare students to pursue graduate studies and to successfully compete in the global business environment that characterized today’s workplace.
B.S. in Global Business
Major Courses (42 semester hours):
Core Business Courses (27 semester hours)
- BUS 202 Principles of Management
- BUS 203 Principles of Marketing
- BUS 261 Principles of Accounting
- BUS 262 Principles of Accounting II
- BUS 311 Business Law and Ethics
- BUS 371 Business Finance
- BUS 455 Business Research
- ECON 201 Principles of Macroeconomics
- ECON 202 Principles of Microeconomics
Core Global Business Courses (15 semester hours)
- GB 205 International Business Negotiation
- GB 301 The Global Business Enterprise
- GB 403 Global Marketing
- GB 407 International Trade and Finance
- GB 498 Senior Research Project in Global Business
- MATH 107 Business Calculus
- GEOG 164 World Geography
- LANG 222 Proficiency level in a foreign language