Welcome to Columbia College!
We are proud to celebrate the international students, faculty, staff, and alumnae that have come to Columbia College from more than 25 countries all over the world!
We believe that Columbia College is a great fit for students of all nationalities because we are a community that proudly celebrates diversity and multiculturalism. Columbia College is also an ideal setting for international students because of our nurturing classroom settings and ample leadership opportunities.
How to become a Columbia College Student
The first step in becoming a student at Columbia College is to gain acceptance. This is done by completing and submitting the following items in English:
- Completed Application Form
- Application Fee ($25)
- Transcripts from previously attended high schools, colleges, or universities
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) Scores (must score at least 550 on TOEFL)
- or ACT/SAT Scores (you must take ACT/SAT to be eligible to receive scholarships from Columbia College)
Notification and Acceptance
After receiving an acceptance letter from the school, you must complete the following 3 requirements before you will be issued an I-20 (Certificate of Eligibility of the Immigration and Naturalization Service of the U.S. Department of Justice):
- Financial Certification showing you have adequate financial resources to cover your share of school-related expenses for the complete duration of your studies. This should be an official statement or letter from a legitimate financial institution
- Reservation Deposit ($200 that will be credited toward tuition and fees upon enrollment)
- Physical Examination Report signed by a physician that shows you are healthy enough to attend college and have received the following immunizations and screenings:
- 2 Measles (Rubeola), 1 Mumps, and 1 Rubella (2 MMR doses meet this requirement)
- Tuberculosis Screening (PPD) within the last 6 months.