Financial Aid Process
- New students must first apply for admission to Columbia College and be accepted.
- All students, new and returning, file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov. All South Carolina residents must complete the FAFSA no later than June 30 to qualify for the South Carolina Tuition Grant.
- In the event additional documentation is required, or errors were made on the FAFSA, students will receive notification of additional requirements.
- The student is awarded assistance and receives an official award notification from the Office of Financial Aid.
- The student must return the signed official award notification to the Office of Financial Aid only in the event any changes need to be made to the award, otherwise a signed copy is not required.
- Students who are eligible for educational benefits through the Veterans Administration or Vocational Rehabilitation should apply directly to these agencies and inform the Office of Financial Aid.
- Students receiving private scholarships or grants should send copies of the scholarship notification to the Office of Financial Aid so that those awards can be added the aid award letter.
Click on the links below to learn more about available financial aid.
- First Year Scholarships- Women’s College
- Transfer Scholarships and Grants- Women’s College
- United Methodist Church Matching Scholarships
- Student Employment / Apply
- Tuition Payment Plans
*The Financial Aid site is currently being revised. Please report broken links or missing pages to email@example.com. Thank you for your patience.