Federal Financial Aid Resources
- FAFSAon the Web – Complete and submit the FAFSA on-line.
- Federal Financial Aid – An interactive guide to Financial Aid programs and links. Includes scholarship searches, FAFSA links, and aid calculators.
- The Student Aid Guide – A comprehensive guide to the federal financial aid programs.
- Pell Grants – Pell Grants are awarded only to undergraduate students who have not earned bachelors or professional degrees and who have high need.
- Perkins Loan – Low interest loans made through the schools financial aid office.
State Financial Aid Resources
- Student Loan Entrance Counseling on the Web
- SC Tuition Grants – Frequently asked questions, eligibility requirements.
- South Carolina Commission on Higher Education – Student and Parent page to all scholarship programs. You can select an individual program to access frequently asked questions and review eligibility requirements. This is for LIFE, HOPE, Palmetto Fellows, and all Enhancement scholarships.
- State Affidavit of Eligibility– for LIFE, HOPE, Palmetto Fellows and SC Tuition Grant recipients. This certification of eligibility is required each year prior to funds being disbursed to Columbia College. Please complete using your full name and the last four digits of your SSN as your PIN number. Your response will be forwarded to the Columbia College Office of Financial Aid automatically.
Free Scholarship Search Sites
· Columbia College Preferred Lender List– list of preferred lenders for which Columbia College has electronic processing setup to expedite receipt of loan funds. Simply select the state and school to view our lenders.
· Alternative Loan Lenders and Online applications– a site that allows you to search for alternative loans and lenders, and compare them, as well as apply online. Beneficial for students that may need additional aid after all aid available from the Office of Financial Aid has been given.
Other Sites of Interest
- Tuition Management Systems – Tuition Management Systems offers Columbia College students and their families a variety of tuition payment options.
- Gates Millennium ScholarsProgram which provides scholarships and fellowships to outstanding low-income African-American, Native American, Hispanic American, and Asian-Pacific American students