REGISTER for an Open House:
February 27, 2017 / May 25, 2017 / October 5, 2017
We accept applications for the summer, fall and spring semesters. Apply free online.
You must meet one of the following 2 requirements.
1. College transfer credits, or associate degrees, or bachelor degrees earned must come from a regionally accredited college. A cumulative GPA of 2.10 on a 4.00 scale is required (this is calculated using all of your undergraduate coursework).
2. If you do not have any college transfer credits and are coming in as a true freshman, your high school cumulative GPA must be a 2.10 or higher.
- Submit an official transcript from EVERY institution you have attended since graduating from high school. Official transcript(s) should be mailed directly from the institution you attended to Evening Admissions, 1301 Columbia College Drive, Columbia, SC 29203. We do accept electronic official transcripts directly from the institution or through Parchment.
- Submit an official high school transcript if you do not have a posted associate degree or bachelor’s degree. The official transcript will be mailed directly from the institution you attended to the Office of Evening Admissions at Columbia College, 1301 Columbia College Drive, Columbia, SC 29203. We do accept electronic official high school transcripts directly from the school or through Parchment.
- If you previously attended Columbia College, complete the Evening Application and submit a $50.00 non-refundable application fee to Columbia College. An admission file will NOT be opened until the $50.00 non-refundable application fee has been received. You may pay this fee by cash, check, or credit card. VISA, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover are accepted. To make the payment by credit card, call the Tuition Accounts office at 803.786.3616. To pay by check, make the check payable to Columbia College and mail it to Tuition Accounts, 1301 Columbia College Drive, Columbia, SC 29203.
- Submit all official undergraduate transcripts if you last attended Columbia College MORE THAN five years ago. Official transcripts must be mailed to Evening Admissions, 1301 Columbia College Drive, Columbia, SC 29203.
- If you attended Columbia College within the last five years but have attended another institution since leaving, submit an official transcript from that institution. Official transcripts must be mailed to Evening Admissions, 1301 Columbia College Drive, Columbia, SC 29203.
Second Degree Applicants
- File the free Evening Application and submit a $50.00 application fee. You may pay the $50.00 application fee by check, made payable to Columbia College, money order, cash, or credit card. VISA, MasterCard, American Express, and Discovery are accepted for credit card payments. To pay by credit card over the phone, please call the Tuition Accounts office at 803.786.3616.
- Submit an official transcript from EVERY institution you have attended since graduating from high school.
The official transcript(s) should be mailed directly from the institution you attended to Evening Admissions, 1301 Columbia College Drive, Columbia, SC 29203
International Applicants | General Information
- English translated transcripts, records, or certificates from each high school, college, or university previously attended
- Columbia College is only approved to accept nonimmigrant students with F-1 visas (not J visas)
- F-2 visas (F-1 dependents) are only allowed to take classes part-time and cannot obtain a degree
- Permanent residents are treated like citizens and are required to submit a copy of their permanent resident card (green card)
- TOEFL scores are required for International students or from those for whom English is a second language. The minimum score required for admission on the paper version is 550; the minimum score required for admission on the computer version is 213, and the minimum required on the web version is 79.
- Columbia College is NOT approved to host a student with a J-1 or M-1 Visa
Copy of Travel Documents for international applicants
- Passport signature page
- Previous I-20’s
- Documents that have been issued by previous schools or the federal government related to your nonimmigrant status (e.g . Employment Authorization Document)
- Submit proof that you can cover the cost of tuition and fees- this can include any of the following: statement or letter from bank verifying student or family member has the funds available in an account(s), pay stubs showing the student or family member has regular and adequate income, loan(s) or other financial documents, or any combination of these sources which add up to the total cost of tuition and fees.
Fill out the free Evening Application. Please note that you must type in the name of the course for which you want to register. NON-DEGREE SEEKING STUDENTS MUST SUBMIT A NEW APPLICATION EACH SEMESTER. You must pay for each course BEFORE you will be registered. You may contact the Business Office at 803.786.3616 for instructions on how to submit payment.
Transfer Course Credit
Transfer course credit is accepted from regionally accredited colleges and universities. The maximum transfer credit accepted from two-year colleges is seventy-two semester hours. Once your admission file is complete, it will be sent to the registrar for an official transfer evaluation that determines the number of transfer hours to which you are entitled.
ALL documents required to complete your admission file should be mailed to:
1301 Columbia College Drive
Columbia, SC 29203
Financial Aid: To apply for financial aid, file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, FAFSA, which will determine your eligibility for receiving the S.C. Tuition Grant, Pell Grant, and/or Stafford Federal Loans. You may file the FAFSA on-line at www.fafsa.ed.gov.