Advance your career while serving your community
The Columbia College Bachelor of Science in Fire Science is a fully online bachelor’s degree* that offers firefighters and others in emergency services a degree path that builds on fire service training and experience to support career advancement and development of leadership, analytical, and management skills.
Key benefits of Columbia College’s Fire Science program include:
- Online Fire Science classes are designed to meet the needs of working professionals.
- The 120-semester-credit-hour curriculum is modeled on the federal Fire and Emergency Services Higher Education (FESHE)-recommended course learning outcomes.
- Classes are taught by engaged faculty with both strong academic credentials as well as real-world experience.
- Textbooks are incorporated into the online learning classroom, so you have no additional textbook costs.
- Tuition is a great deal at $395/semester credit hour.
The application process is free, and once you apply, we request your transcripts. We review your training credits (transcript required) as well as other college courses taken for transfer credit and let you know how many transfer credits you have – and how many classes you need to complete your bachelor’s degree – before you enroll in classes.
*Pending approval from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges