Momentum is Columbia College’s scholarship for academically-minded high school students who have big ideas about their futures and who are ready to work hard to realize their fullest potential.
Designed for students with a unique combination of determination and character, the Momentum program is a competitive scholarship opportunity. Successful candidates possess the personal discipline to perform with academic distinction and the desire to serve their communities. The Momentum Scholarship is intended to reward current ambition and honest commitment to making a difference in the world.
- Application Deadline: Friday, January 6, 2017
- Finalist Interviews: Saturday, February 11, 2017 (finalists will be notified in advance)
Momentum Scholarship recipients will enjoy:
- Scholarship funds up to full tuition
- Special leadership opportunities, both academic and co-curricular
- A personal leadership success coach
- The option to live with other Momentum Scholars on the Academic Achievement floor of McNair Hall
- Special summer paid internship opportunities
Candidates must demonstrate:
- High school or community involvement
- Courage and motivation
- Commitment to learning and being actively engaged on campus
- The potential for leadership
*Candidates must submit all required Columbia College admissions application documents as well as the Momentum Scholarship application by January 6, 2017. Only candidates who have been admitted to Columbia College will qualify for scholarship consideration.
Thinking of transferrring from another college or university? Check out our Momentum Transfer Scholarship opportunity.