Substantial scholarships are available for students in the Music Department. A limited number of scholarships are also available for students taking coursework in music and playing in an ensemble. Auditions are held annually for the following:
- The J. Barnwell & Mary Blair Allison Scholarship
- The Martha Danner Horne Scholarship
- The Gail Wright Knight Music Scholarship
- The E. Clyburn & Ruth Riddle Wilson Scholarship
- The Stackhouse Scholarship
- The Guthrie Darr Scholarship
- The Kneece Scholarship
- The Fair-Wall Scholarship
- The Maymie C. & Mattye C. Allison Scholarship
- The Crook-Witt M S & A Scholarship
- The Holley, K Estate Scholarship
- The Margarette Richards Scholarship
- The Cornelia Freeman Music Scholarship
- The Louella Gibson Music Scholarship
- The Robyn Gibson Music Scholarship
- The Lanny Palmer Music Scholarship
- The James L. Caldwell Music Scholarship
- The Richard Veale Music Scholarship
Scholarship auditions are for students accepted by Columbia College who intend to pursue music as a major or minor area of study.
Scholarship awards are based on auditions held by the faculty of the Music Department. No award will be made until the student has been offically accepted for admission to Columbia College.
Students attending the Choral Clinic may choose to audition during the Clinic or on one of the other audition dates.
- November 19, 2016
- December 03, 2016
- January 14, 2017
- February 25, 2017
- March 18, 2017
- April 08, 2017
As audition applications are received, students will be assigned audition times.
How Should You Prepare?
Prepare two selections of a contrasting nature that represent your very best effort (preferably from memory). Voice applicants may not use taped accompaniments. An accompanist will be available. In addition, perform a major and relative minor scale without accompaniment (scales may be performed on solfege, pitch numbers, or on an open vowel).