The Head Coach will oversee and develop a highly competitive Division I NAIA women’s volleyball program. Responsible for all aspects of a NAIA Division I program, including, but not limited to, coaching, recruiting, scheduling, budget oversight and the administration of the day to day operations of the volleyball program. Candidate will also have additional duties in the Athletics Department based on candidate’s skill set and department need, and must possess outstanding leadership, management, organizational and interpersonal skills. The Head Coach will develop quality student-athletes and championship teams while maintaining the highest level of integrity and professionalism within the department, and will administer and teach all phases of training and fundamentals for a successful program in accordance with NAIA and Columbia College’s rules and regulations. This is a 12-month full time benefited position.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Required qualifications include a bachelor’s degree and experience as a successful woman’s volleyball coach.
- Preferred qualifications include a master’s degree, a minimum of five years of experience as a successful head volleyball coach at the college level.
- Demonstrated success in recruitment of scholarship athletes.
- Working knowledge of NAIA rules and regulations.
- Must display the highest level of ethical standards, recruit qualified student-athletes and display a commitment to their academic success.
- Be certified in CPR, AED, and First Aid.
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills along with strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
- Must possess and maintain a current South Carolina driver’s license and maintain a satisfactory driving record while serving in the position.
- Employment will require a criminal background check.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Recruit highly qualified student-athletes consistent with the standards of a competitive NAIA Division I women’s volleyball program within the academic standards of Columbia College
- Coordinate the evaluation, recruitment, preparation and development of student-athletes
- Knowledge of and adherence to all NAIA & NCAA rules, policies and procedures pertaining to a women’s volleyball program
- Monitor and encourage the academic progress of student-athletes in conjunction with the Eligibility Officer of Columbia College, the NAIA, and the Appalachian Athletic Conference so as to promote their academic success
- Responsible for adherence to the program’s budget
- Coordinate travel arrangements, equipment purchases, and expense reports
- Establish and maintain quality relationships with support organizations
- Participate in department fundraising, promotional and public relations events, campus and community outreach and service projects
- Supervise assistant coach(es)
- Coordinate summer camps/clinics in conjunction with Columbia College guidelines
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To apply: All applications must be submitted via e-mail. Applicants should send a cover letter, resume and the names, phone numbers, addresses and e-mail addresses of five professional references. Also, for Federal and State reporting purposes only, please complete the attached Affirmative Action form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.