Provide advising and student success services to Columbia College Online Programs students. Assist students with registration and academic questions and support students in problem-solving regarding registration and related issues. Responsible for advising a portion of Online Programs students. Support and serve as backup to the Enrollment Assistant regarding applicant processing and communication, and other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of two years' work experience with skills relevant to the position.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Job Functions
- Work in close communication with the Director of Online Programs and degree program directors to provide timely and supportive academic advising to and communication with Online Programs students.
- Provide outstanding customer service to students and applicants over the phone and in person.
- Track student issues and contacts.
- Update student files and records as appropriate.
- Represent Columbia College with professionalism and integrity.
- Provides administrative support for the Online Programs office.
- Learn and support staff in processing student inquiries and applications.
- Inform prospective applicants about program features and benefits and send them an application link and other necessary documents for admission if an enrollment representative is unavailable.
- Other duties as assigned in support of Online Programs.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Familiarity with adult and online student instruction and advising is desirable.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with experience in education advising or customer service.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multitask in a dynamic, fast-paced environment using multiple databases and software.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Strong emotional intelligence with the ability to interact and develop relationships with a broad range of individuals.
- Strong technological application skills required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements of the Job:
General office conditions. Must have the ability to utilize multiple databases and common office software required to complete tasks. Must be able to use telephone and sit for long periods of time at a computer workstation.