The Enrollment Services Tech-Functional position assists the Associate Provost/Registrar in accomplishing the goals of the academic and service departments in supporting student information systems, through the automation of core processes and effective use technology. This position also helps to identify, develop, and manage essential data and key reports in cooperation with Institutional Research to support both the daily operation of the College and overall mission and vision of the College.
Education, Experience, And Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree required.Bachelor's Degree required, Master's Degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years to five years of Student Records or related software experience, performing related tasks in a college or professional environment
- Proficient in Windows environment and with Microsoft Office products. Advanced level knowledge of Excel. Working knowledge of a campus wide student information system (Jenzabar) including query development and technical report writing required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of state and federal laws affecting students and institutional student records requirements.
- Strong interpersonal skills, attention to detail, organization and problem-solving ability required.
- Ability to communicate effectively both in oral and written fonn with a diverse student population and to provide exceptional customer service.
- Ability to plan and work independently, as a team member and willingness to lead projects.
- Must be effecting and possess good organization, problem-solving, decisionmaking and analytical skills.
- Must use good and independent judgement in handling sensitive or difficult situations.
- Proven initiative, follow-through, resourcefulness and completion of tasks in a timely, efficient manner.
- Ability to do detail work with highest level of accuracy; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; self-starter.
- Ability to improvise, analyze and troubleshoot to resolve a variety of issues that may involve students, staff and/or faculty.
Duties of the Financial Aid Counselor
- Assist the Registrar in overall management and planning for the office.
- Supervise operational technical aspects of functional operations, evaluate processes, maintain Jenzabar, learning management system (LMS), and other software interfaces, develop user functionality and train staff in the use of technology that supports academic records and associated processes.
- Assist in the implementation of student information system software system upgrades and patch testing.
- Responsible for overseeing the development, implementation, documentation and workflow of Enrollment Services processes.
- Responsible for management and leadership of the college-wide document imaging processes, workflow development and training of college staff in conjunction with Information Systems.
- Coordinate processes, monitor and review all end-of-term functions including academic standing, prerequisite enforcement, grading and honors/awards in conjunction with the Financial Aid Office and other academic and service departments.
- Participate in leadership team and cross-college project implementation teams.
- Responsible for the development and monitoring of compliance requirements of student records, online programs, financial aid, academic and service departments. To include but not limited to the development of policies, procedures and training for multiple college functions, reporting to the National Student Clearinghouse.
- Collaborate with staff from other segments of the college to implement new mandates, projects and initiatives.
- Represent the Registrar as required.
- Assist the Associate Provost/Registrar in the development of new initiatives by coordinating work with area partners and internal stakeholders.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Office of the Provost
Attn: Dr. Chris Burkett
1301 Columbia College Drive
Columbia, SC 29203